Welcome to our first Newsletter for 2018 and we hope that all arrived safely home after the Christmas recess. Compliments for 2018 to all.
We would like to bring the following matters to your attention:
1. Provincial Tournaments in January 2018 at Waterkloof Golf Club:
- 23 Jan 2018: SA Amateur Qualifying for the SA Amateur Match Play at Durban Country Club from 25 February to 2 March 2018.
- 26 to 28 January 2018: Gauteng North Open, 72-hole stroke play. 180 Players will be participating on the Friday and Saturday respectively with the top 60 players qualifying for 36 holes on Sunday. This is Gauteng North’s as well as GolfRSA’s premier event which attracts the top amateur players from all over the country and comes highly recommended on the RSA Amateur Golf calendar.
2. Members Achievements:
We proudly announce the following:
- Alex Pienaar won the Gauteng North Junior Open on the 8th of January 2018 at Waterkloof Golf Club with a winning score of 5 under par. We foresee a bright future for the youngster.
- Gerhard Strydom won the Free State Senior Open that took place from 13 to 14 January 2018 at Heron Banks Golf Estate with a winning score of 144 and beating the GolfRSA number 1 and number 4 ranked senior players in a playoff over two holes.
Congratulations to these members.
3. Reminders to Members:
- Reciprocity has been arranged with all affiliated Gauteng North Golf Clubs during the Gauteng North Open Tournament at Waterkloof Golf Club. Please arrange your golf rounds through our Proshop. They will contact the other Clubs to arrange your bookings.
- The reciprocity arrangements with Wingate Park Country Club as well as Zwartkop Country Club, where our Members as well as their Members, can utilize the facilities at Members rates. The importance of this arrangement is that your booking must be made through the Proshop to qualify for the rates applicable.
- WGC Club Championships is scheduled to take place on 24 and 25 March 2018. Please submit your entry to the Admin Office from 2 February 2018.
- THE COURSE WILL BE CLOSED FROM 29 JANUARY 2018 TO 1 FEBRUARY 2018 FOR THE SUMMER PROGRAM. DURING THIS PERIOD THE SUMMER HOLLOWTINING AND FERTILIZER PROGRAM WILL BE ACTIVATED. This program is very important to ensure that our course and our greens are kept to a very high standard that we are used to at Waterkloof Golf Club.
- The following very important arrangement is again communicated to our Members: Only a Full Member of the Club can invite a visitor once a month as his / her guest to participate at Member’s green fees. The visitor may not be a Member of Waterkloof Golf Club.
4. Sand Bag and Sand Program
We request our Members to please fill the divot holes after hitting your shot on the fairways with the sand provided for this purpose.
It is expected from each player to have a sand bag which can be purchased at the Proshop for R 20.00 each. There will be sand on the tee boxes should you need to refill your sand bag during play. This arrangement is compulsory with no exceptions.
Let’s see this project as part of our “green program” to ensure that our course is kept in tiptop condition.
Your co-operation in this regard will be highly appreciated.
5. Monthly Competition Formats: January and February 2018
20 January 2018 – Four Ball Alliance (2 to count)
24 January 2018 – Four Ball Better Ball (2 scores to count on par 3’s)
3 February 2018 – Four Ball Alliance (2 scores to count)
7 February 2018 – IPS
10 February 2018 – Four Ball Better Ball (2 scores to count on par 3’s)
14 February 2018 – Four Ball Better Ball (2 scores to count on par 3’s)
17 February 2018 – Monthly Medal
21 February 2018 – Four Ball Better Ball Bonus Bogey
24 February 2018 – Four Ball Better Ball
28 February 2018 – Individual Bonus Bogey
Club Days to diarize:
13 February 2018 – Waterkloof Ladies Open
14 February 2018 – Ladies Annual General Meeting
24 February 2018 – Windhoek Lager International Pairs Tournament
6. Waterkloof Golf Club vs Skukuza Golf Club
The first round for this tournament at Waterkloof Golf Club will take place on the 10th of March 2018. The return game at Skukuza Golf Club has been scheduled for the 15th of September 2018.
7. Proshop “BARGAINS”
There is a range of equipment and clothing that are available at discount prices. Please enquire at the Proshop for the best prices in Pretoria.
This new venture is slowly gaining ground and as indicated in previous newsletters, the facility will be accommodated in the current facilities available at the Club. The response and feedback of our service and quality, is highly recommended and we are looking forward in the continuation thereof.
9. Farewells and Welcomes
- At the end of November 2017, our previous club manager, Lourens Fick moved to Somerset West. We wish him and his family the best of luck on their new venture.
- We welcome Gerhard Lombard as the new Club Manager and hope that he has found his feet at this dynamic Club.
- A word of welcome to our 2018 Corporate Members:
G4S Cash Solutions
Greetings Waterkloof Golf Club